My accomplishment for today is printing this new triple solarplate. I did a couple of color proofs before settling on the final color, the third print on the right is the finished print. For the last piece of paper I also printed color separations of the plates to show to my students as part of a solarplate demo.
I am working on another bird solarplate and woodcut right now and got a chance today to talk to a friend who does japanese woodcuts as well. He recommended flexcut carving tools from Japan Woodworker. They are supposed to handle very well, and be razor sharp. I ordered myself 4 to test them out. I was happy to see that they were much cheaper than tools that I bought earlier this year from McClains. When I get a chance to try them out, I'll be sure to let you know how they work.