Tuesday, March 16, 2010

News and events

HI and good day! I am so happy that spring is knocking on our door. It gives me lots of energy to work and get things dine, which comes in a good crack, since I am trying to meet all kinds of deadlines before a month long trip out of town again...
I am curating a show from the La Familia Gallery for a space in Finland. It is tedious as normal to put all the information together from 18 artists. I just finished ordering the card for our show. So I am patting my back and relieving myself to get some lunch before I dive back into all the paperwork.

Our show dates will be April 20th-May 22nd, 2010. The reception is open for all on April 20th 5pm-7pm. The gallery is Gallery Golden Point, at Asematie 1A (through the inner court), Nummela, Finland. You can email the owner at raili.saloviin@goldenpoint.fi. Regular hours of business are Wed-Fri 11am-6pm, Sat 10am-1pm, or with appointment.

I wanted to add a couple of pics of recent things I have been working on. I had made a series of linocuts last year, they were larger, so I wanted to be able to print them all on one page, so I scanned them all in, and made a polymerplate out of it. I printed relief on my little etching press, on natural colored stonehenge paper. There was a heavy embossment, so here's a picture of that.


The whole print...

These two are a recent commission of two children. I rather like the way they turned out, and the customer was very happy. What more could I want!




1 comment:

Maggie Smith said...

these are gorgeous Mirka. so nice and soft and perfectly drawn. no wonder they are happy!